A gift card can be a nice way to give someone the chance to purchase something they really want or need even if you don’t know exactly what it is. The most common are cards that enable users to shop at specific stores, restaurant chains, or online marketplaces. But more options are popping up every day…
With all that’s available, it can be difficult to know which type of card is best. The following will give you the information you need to make a smart choice for your gift or holiday present—or choose one for yourself if there are no restrictions on personal spending…
It would be frustrating to get a gift card for a store or restaurant that’s not near where you live, or doesn’t operate in the state you’re currently in. If there are no restrictions on how and where it can be used, then this isn’t really an issue. Otherwise, it’s important to check at the time of purchase so that your present isn’t useless.
It may be tempting to get a prepaid card that someone can use again and again, especially for younger people who have never had one before. But they’re not always the best choice. It’s actually better to give cash if you don’t have a specific store in mind—or at least a gift card from a bank. That way, the recipient can use it anywhere.
Some gift cards expire after just six months or so while others never do. The ones with expiration dates are only an issue if they’re not used within that timeframe. If they’re never used, then they’re not a problem—and it’s better to have them expire than sit around… But if someone keeps forgetting to use them or loses track of time, an expired card can be frustrating for the recipient!
Gift cards are convenient for everyone involved, but that convenience comes with a price. So before you buy one—or if there is an expiration date—find out what’s involved so it doesn’t cause problems later.
You may be able to get cash back or points on every purchase when you use your gift card. Shop around for the best deal, then let your recipient know that they can earn more rewards by using it. It may encourage them to get the most out of their present. And it may make you more willing to give them a gift card again in the future.
Sometimes, a gift card doesn’t have to be tied to a specific store. There are many other choices available. For example, you can give movie tickets so the recipient can choose their own film to see…
Let’s take a look at some of the best value gift cards to search for!
1. eBay – Made up of thousands of individual sellers all offering various denominations of gift cards, eBay is a great place to start your search!
2. Card Cash – This site allows you to buy and sell gift cards for five different e-currencies including Paypal, Bitcoin, Amazon Payments and more!
3. Raise – With discounts on shipping and free cards, Raise could offer the best value for your money.
4. Giftcard Zen – This site allows you to give gift cards based on categories such as electronics , restaurants, clothing stores, travel and more! Definitely worth checking out…
5. Cheap Airline Tickets – For airline specific giftcards this is a great place to go!
6. Plastic Jungle – This site allows you to get cash for your unwanted gift cards!
7. Card Kangaroo – This is another excellent option if you’re looking to buy discounted giftcards.
Gift cards can be a great choice for your next gift giving occasion. If you follow this advice and conduct some research before making a purchase then the lucky person receiving your present will love and appreciate it that much more!