Before proceeding to the cost of stairlifts in 2021, a brief explanation of what a stairlift is and how it works or how it is used is essential.
So, here goes: a stairlift is a mechanically engineered lifting device that is affixed to buildings and used to lift people and down staircases thus, saving them the stress of navigating the entire flight of stairs by feet.
The functioning mechanism of a stairlift depends mainly on its type. Generally, stairlifts work with a cable or chain pulley system or any other form of locomotive mechanism. Such driving or locomotive mechanisms may be a rack or pinion system. The job of these systems is to drive the lift and ensure a hitch-free movement up and down the stairs and the various floors of the building. In addition, there is a carriage that may consist of a seat and a platform for the user to rest his feet, but in other variations of stairlifts, a seat may be absent; thus, the user has to stand on simply perch on the platform for the duration of the flight.
Usually, the carriages are positioned at right angles to the rail. This positioning ensures that the users ride with feet on the same side of the carriage while the flight goes up and down the stairs. Again, the user disembarks with the same ease as the seat swivel at a convenient degree once it gets to the top. A control device that is either in the form of a switch or lever that may be pulled or toggled enables the user to operate the lift with no difficulties.
The following benefits of stairlifts make it worth installing. Stairlifts are highly recommended due to their ability to prevent injuries and assure the user of safety in the course of the flight up and down the stairs. This is especially beneficial to the elderly and persons with mobility challenges. Also, Stairlifts are easy to use, with a control system that is easy to understand. They also provide the user with top-notch comfortability and speed in ascending and descending the stairs.
On what the cost of Stairlifts in 2021 would be, some factors need to be taken into consideration, such as;
• Whether the staircase is straight or curved: A stairlift for a curved staircase costs more money than none for a plain, straight staircase.
• Whether the stairlift is a brand new one or a reconditioned one
• The scope and duration of the warranty
• Whether there are obstructions at the top or bottom of the staircase, obstructions would mean extra costs for remedial works.
• The details of the stair lift’s maintenance contract
Putting the above factors in consideration, the average prices of stairlifts in 2021 are:
1. Straight Stair lifts: $5,500 – $10,000
2. Curved Stair lifts: $12,000 – $18,000
3. Outdoor Stair lifts: $5,000 – $$7,000 for straight outdoor stairlifts. Outdoor curved stairlifts start at $12,000.